The Annual General Meeting is the top most policy and decision making organ. It is organized annually and is open to all members.
Policy and administrative supervision is undertaken by an elected council made up of 22 eminent lawyers.
Programmatic and membership activities are carried out through committees appointed by the Council while implementation and co-ordination of day-day activities is undertaken by the Secretariat, headed by the Chief Executive Officer and based in Arusha – Tanzania.
THE GOVERNING COUNCIL
The EALS Governing Council is the organization’s organ tasked with providing policy direction and oversight to the operations of the Society. The Council is headed by the President and has 22 members.
Members of the Current Council (2016-2018)
1. Mr. Richard Mugisha – President/RBA
2. Ms. Anne Abeja - Vice President(Regional Integration)/ULS
3. Ms. Maris Mbeneka - Vice President (Public Interest Advocacy)/LSK
4. Mr. MussaKombo - Secretary General/ZLS
5. Mr. AloysBahebe - Treasurer/TLS
6. Mr. SalvotorKiyuku - Batonnier Burundi Bar Association
7. Mr. JulienKavaruganda - Batonnier Rwanda Bar Association
8. Mr. Francis Gimara - President Uganda Law Society
9. Mr. Isaac E.N. Okero - President Law Society of Kenya
10. Mr. Omar Said Shabaan - President Zanzibar Law Society
11. Mr. Tundu M Lissu - President Tanganyika Law Society